Some feedback on the website.

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 14:40:23 PST 2015

On 12/17/15 3:06 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Oh, God, please no. Just use vibe.d and be done with it. We obviously
> need a proper programming language to generate dconf.org.

We are already using vibe.d for the Phobos page-per-name documentation.
As far as I can tell the initiative has been a qualified success.

The main problem there is that there are not enough folks to maintain
the vibe-related artifacts. Basically when Sönke is busy with something
else, any issue may wait indefinitely. (I haven't followed that lately,
possibly things have improved as of late.)

In order to make the use of vibe.d entirely successful across dlang.org
and dconf.org, we need to show robust gains from using it for Phobos. As
virtually the sole maintainer of dconf.org, I'd feel definitely
motivated to use vibe.d if there was good evidence of thriving
collaboration around the use of it on http://dlang.org/library.

Jacob, are you willing to ramp up you contribution to the vibe.d-related
parts of Phobos? That would go a long way toward convincing everyone of
the productivity gains of using it instead of ddoc (or others).

Andrei