Some feedback on the website.

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 15:50:34 PST 2015

On 12/17/2015 06:33 PM, BLM768 wrote:
> On Thursday, 17 December 2015 at 19:50:40 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> If you have some time and motivation to improve the documentation,
>> there's tremendous opportunity for impact. So much low-hanging fruit,
>> all well before we explore switching to a different way of building
>> the site. And whatever improvements you make won't compete with future
>> changes. There's so much opportunity there it hurts. -- Andrei
>
> As long as the main page still works, then yeah, that's first priority.
>
> Is there a particular spot that stands out as needing the most
> improvement? I'm no Phobos expert, but I can at least fill any glaring
> holes.

There's a bunch to do.

* Many functions don't have "Parameters:", "Returns:", or "Throws:"
sections. Those that respectively take parameters, return non-void, or
throw, should have one each.

* All functions should have an example.

* "Examples:" is a historical error. All instances should be "Example:".
Just one diff making that change throughout would be a meaningful
contribution.

* Overloaded functions should be collected together, connected with "///
ditto".

* Examples on the site and on the library pages should be editable and
runnable just like the one on the homepage.

* Eliminating those redundant macros that everybody's talking about.

Andrei