Wishlist for D

Yota via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 17 18:22:48 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 12:06:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 07:41:45 UTC, tsbockman wrote:
>> Overall, it's probably not worth the additional work and risk
>> of adding support directly to the compiler, unless it's going
>> to become the default (as it should have been from the
>> beginning). Hence, D3...
>
> Good to see that there is some support for a nextgen version of
> D. :)

My biggest wish is to see the design phase of D3 kick off.
Ideally, with a big fat label on it saying "Will not be ready for
production for at least 5 or 10 years.  Your code WILL be broken
sooner than later."  I feel like D is in a rut with all the best
things being shot down because of breaking code. (I understand
why we can't break code at this point, but that doesn't make it
any less frustrating.)

I love almost all of your wishes. =p