Trying to build dlang.org - what am I doing wrong

Sönke Ludwig via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 18 04:33:39 PST 2015

Am 17.12.2015 um 09:48 schrieb wobbles:
> So - the conversation about the website/documentation piqued my interest
> a bit and I decided to have a go at making the documentation more readable.
>
> However, reading the instructions from:
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Starting_as_a_Contributor#Fetch_and_build_dlang.org
>
> It should be a simple matter of:
> ```bash
> mkdir -p ~/code; cd ~/code
> git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org
> cd dlang.org
> make -f posix.mak LATEST=2069.2
> ```
>
> However, I get a std.net.curl error during compilation of dub (luckily
> dlang.org doesn't depend on dub, so it doesn't particularly matter and I
> can carry on with my tinkering).
>
> http://pastebin.com/q41AnJyr
>
> I assume theres a problem with the makefiles here - or is it stupid user
> syndrome?

This is supposedly an issue in DUB's build.sh that has recently been
fixed on GIT master [1]. The problem is caused by the uncommon
definition of the $DC variable in posix.mak that resulted in build.sh
not recognizing it as DMD and skipping the necessary linker workaround
(libphobos2 needs to be passed after libcurl, but by default libphobos2
always gets passed first).

Workaround is to edit posix.mak and change
   DC="$(abspath ${STABLE_DMD}) -conf=$(abspath ${STABLE_DMD_CONF})"
   DC=dmd

in the "${DUB}:" target.

[1]: https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dub/pull/726