D Cannot Be Used for Real Time / Low Latency Systems? - Of course it can!

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 18 08:59:54 PST 2015

On Friday, 18 December 2015 at 15:09:05 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Focusing on an application area that has low coverage in
> competing languages is essential for fast growth. Which is why
> a language like Julia is growing.

That's why I'm working on embedding R inside D (almost done).
I've suffered for years with all the problems that are making
Julia popular. I just felt D was a better choice.

On the other hand, D for embedded devices is a big project with a
small probability of success, at least from what I've read.