Redesign of dlang.org

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 19 06:33:35 PST 2015

Here's another thread about redesign of dlang.org. I'm creating this
thread because of a couple other threads recently created [1] [2].

The redesign was made by Ivan Smirnov in the beginning of this year.
I've helped out a bit with suggestions but he has made all the work. I'm
making it available [3] now because I can't get in contact with him
anymore and I think that it would be sad to see his work go to waste.

The redesign is just a mock of the start page and a Phobos documentation
page. No Ddoc, vibe.d or similar is used. Only HTML, JavaScript and Less
(CSS). It's not a functioning site, it's only to show the design.

A few things are working:

On the start page:

* The "Show example" link on the start page in the "Static type
inference" section

* The "Documentation -> Standard Library" link in the top menu. This is
the link to the mock of the Phobos documentation page

On the Phobos documentation page:

* The plus button in the first documented symbol
* The "ForeachType" cross-reference link
* The "isIterable" cross-reference link in the constraint
* The "isNarrowString" cross-reference link in the constraint
* The "isInfinite" cross-reference link in the constraint

On the Phobos doc page, for each symbol it will show the signature. The
template constraint will be on a separate line in a different color,
moving the focus to the important parts of the signature.
Cross-reference links will open a popover with the documentation of the
referenced symbol.

By default only the summary is shown for a symbol. The rest of the
documentation is hidden in a collapsible section (the plus button).

Thoughts?

[1] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ejpuwwlutklvlozyfnqy@forum.dlang.org
[2] http://forum.dlang.org/thread/fdbnecqbemseocwzghxw@forum.dlang.org
[3] http://www.googledrive.com/host/0B7UtafxGD9vESlB3aFBxcjNPOXM