Some feedback on the website.

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Dec 19 06:58:44 PST 2015

On 12/19/15 12:01 AM, Jakob Ovrum wrote:

> After further changes I was able to add `Params:` and `Returns:` with
> some valuable information, but it also comes with a fair amount of
> redundancy. I think a lot of our current functions have more than
> adequately documented parameters and return values, just without using
> sections. Some redundancy can be a good thing, but for most of those
> functions I don't see how simple-mindedly adding purely redundant
> information is impactful.
>
> The important thing is not those sections but that parameters and return
> values are documented.

Agreed there's got to be measure in everything. I'm thinking in those
cases the existing documentation should be reformatted with the standard
sections.

When you do standard-formatted documentation for many functions at once,
it seems kinda trite. But for folks who work on some program and want to
look up one function, reliance on a standard uniform format is very
helpful.

Andrei