Redesign of dlang.org

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Dec 20 15:20:31 PST 2015

On 20 Dec 2015 7:31 pm, "Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d" <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 12/20/15, Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> > On 2015-12-20 01:11, wobbles wrote:
> >
> >> Personally I prefer the buttons on the side.
> >> Probably 99% of people have widescreen format now (at leas 16:9), so I
> >> feel buttons at the top use up precious vertical space.
> >
> > The top menu is 40px high. The left menu of the current dlang.org is
> > 224px wide. A top menu uses the space more efficient. I also think it's
> > easier to adapt for mobile with a top menu.
>
> Yeah I agree. Also currently I have to scroll to see the entire menu,
> while I wouldn't have to do that with the new layout. If there's more
> horizontal space then we should take advantage of it, the new layout
> looks great.

I'd like to see a more complete menu in the new layout to get a better feel
for it.  It certainly looks the part with the small set of key features of
dlang on display.  But how will it fair showing the entire language or
library reference list items?