Redesign of dlang.org

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 21 06:13:32 PST 2015

On 12/21/2015 08:58 AM, anonymous wrote:
> On 19.12.2015 15:33, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> http://www.googledrive.com/host/0B7UtafxGD9vESlB3aFBxcjNPOXM
>
> I know you wait for Walter's and Andrei's approval on this before
> investing more work. That's very reasonable. Luckily, I'm not so
> reasonable ;)
>
> http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/
>
> On GitHub if people want to play around with it:
> https://github.com/aG0aep6G/dlang.org/tree/Ivan-Smirnov's-redesign
>
> That's a full clone of dlang.org in the new style. I just pasted it over
> the old style, and hacked around on top of it until it worked, more or
> less. It's a quick and dirty showcase. I touched everything, but
> polished nothing. There are more rough edges than smooth ones.
>
> I changed various details from the mock-up (logo, icons, text, ...), so
> this is not a perfect port. In particular, I tried not to throw out
> content and features from the current dlang.org. For now, that is. The
> home page is pretty crowded, and the menu bar definitely needs to be
> streamlined.
>
> By the way, I'm not sold on that font. I think I'd prefer a sans-serif.

Nice! A few questions.

What are the changes to the tooling used and the build process?

Is there a reasonable decay if javascript is disabled?

Can we defer any changes to the logo so we don't get sidetracked in
this? Just scale the existing logo to fit and defer any changes to it to
later.

Thanks,

Andrei