Redesign of dlang.org

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 21 07:28:44 PST 2015

On 2015-12-21 15:13, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> Nice! A few questions.
>
> What are the changes to the tooling used and the build process?

The original code is written in HTML, JavaScript and Less (CSS). See
repository for build instructions [1]. If I move forward with this I
would go with vibe.d. I would prefer Sass for the CSS and CoffeeScript
for the JavaScript.

> Is there a reasonable decay if javascript is disabled?

No. The top menu uses JavaScript and all the collapsible sections
depends on JavaScript. I hope it's possible to change so the collapsible
sections are expanded by default.

> Can we defer any changes to the logo so we don't get sidetracked in
> this? Just scale the existing logo to fit and defer any changes to it to
> later.

Using the existing logo in place of the new one looks quite out of
place. You can easily test that using the developer tools in your
browser. Right click on the image, choose "Inspect Element", modify the
"src" attribute of the "img" tag to point to
"http://dlang.org/images/dlogo.svg".

[1] https://github.com/aldanor/dlang.org-sketch

--
/Jacob Carlborg