Redesign of dlang.org

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 21 08:50:31 PST 2015

On 21.12.2015 16:45, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> Let's not underestimate, but let's not overestimate either, I'm pretty
> confident these bugs could all be fixed in a day of tweaking, probably
> less than that. It looks reasonable right now.

Possibly, but the whole thing still needs to be implemented properly. I
just added all the CSS from the mock-up on top of the existing stuff. We
don't want to keep it that way.

Finding all the little issues in the different sections of the site may
take its time, too. And then there are forum.dlang.org and
visuald.dlang.org.

Also, things like the overcrowded menu bar, and overly long code
snippets (on the home page) need decisions, which can take a while if
people are not in immediate agreement.

On doing it right, I'm not sure how to approach the Bootstrap grid
thing. Use it with raw HTML/CSS? That may be more complicated than just
doing things without a framework like that. And switching dlang.org over
to some preprocessor is not trivial, and may be deemed "too disruptive
for too little gain".