Redesign of dlang.org

Dmitry via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 21 22:38:24 PST 2015

On Monday, 21 December 2015 at 21:20:44 UTC, Bubbasaur wrote:
>> I want say that there are also people who most like the
>> current design.
> Why? Reasons?
Basic things:

Left-side menu. I don't like when site uses only half of screen
(is anybody still uses 1280*1024 and 1024*768 displays? Statistic
of November says that 5% and 2% of people). New design prepared
for 4:3, not for wide-screen displays (1920*1080 - 35%, 1366*768
- 26%, etc).

Good font (Verdana) - I can read it easy, it's comfortable for
eyes. New design uses Roboto Slab - it's more compact and reading
speed is more slow (yep, my English is bad and it difficult x2
times for me).

I like colors (dark theme) which uses current design.

I like that I can unfold multiple/all menu items, not only one.

Of course, current design are not perfect, but it's more cosy.