Redesign of dlang.org

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 22 07:15:19 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 22 December 2015 at 14:57:22 UTC, Meta wrote:
> If you don't know HTML then you probably shouldn't be doing
> webdev.

Most the website is content articles, not web dev.

My ideal situation with the website would probably be a html
skeleton with ddoc in the contents, providing semantic content
macros in there.

....which isn't *too* far from where we are now! The html
skeleton is found in the DDOC macro here:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/blob/master/dlang.org.ddoc#L54

(why isn't that in html.ddoc? the multiple files is pretty wtfy
to me)

Though why ever it uses the ridiculous html pretending to be ddoc
macros is beyond me.

I have a lot of hatred toward the current state of the website
and documentation, but ddoc in principle really isn't one of
them. I don't feel it is enough (we could really use things like
auto generated tables of contents!) and I'm not married to it
(though the Phobos inline docs kinda are... let's not forget
about them), but it isn't that bad.

Just the way we're using it is pretty silly.