D Consortium as Book / App Publisher... ?

Bubbasaur via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 22 09:29:56 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 22 December 2015 at 17:01:17 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> The problem is ads make no money for the vast majority of
> writers, so they have to write a book and sell it to make
> writing worth their time.  This is why you have to pay for
> almost all the D books, with free online books like Ali's the
> rare exception to the rule.

I see, but I thought the money was for the D
Consortium/Organization.

Anyway it's really a big problem, if you see, currently sites
like: vice, verge, medium etc. They all work with ads, every time
you see a "click bait" title.

I remember paying $50 ~ $80 for Programming books, but that were
the old times, today with ebooks and piracy things are bad.

Bubba.