D Consortium as Book / App Publisher... ?

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 22 18:26:40 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 23 December 2015 at 01:33:22 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> On 23/12/15 5:10 AM, Joakim wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 22 December 2015 at 15:33:50 UTC, Jakob Jenkov
>> wrote:
>>> Have you considered using LeanPub for this?
>>
>> Never heard much about them.  Looking at their site now, I
>> like that
>> they focus on getting chapters in front of readers right away,
>> while
>> they're being written (which almost every writer should be
>> doing), but
>> don't like their emphasis on producing books at the end.
>>
>> A categorized/tagged blog with comments is a much better
>> experience than
>> a static book with a table of contents and index, yet they
>> import blog
>> posts and turn them into a book!  The only reason is that
>> books have a
>> long-standing payment model in place: it's as though everyone
>> were still
>> selling buggies because there are only buggy dealers and no
>> car dealers
>> yet.
>>
>> It is all beyond idiotic: it is amazing how long antiquated
>> ideas stick
>> around, only because people cannot imagine anything else.
>
> I've got two books through leanpub.
> It is ideal for a magazine or books.
>
> If you want help, please let me know!
> I would be happy to help for it.

Are you offering to write for a D blog or to get it set up on
leanpub?  I'd never use an external platform like leanpub where I
don't control the source, as one of the main points would be to
add new paid blog features like the ones I've mentioned above.