D Consortium as Book / App Publisher... ?

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 22 18:36:38 PST 2015

On 23/12/15 3:26 PM, Joakim wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 December 2015 at 01:33:22 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>>>
>>> Never heard much about them.  Looking at their site now, I like that
>>> they focus on getting chapters in front of readers right away, while
>>> they're being written (which almost every writer should be doing), but
>>> don't like their emphasis on producing books at the end.
>>>
>>> A categorized/tagged blog with comments is a much better experience than
>>> a static book with a table of contents and index, yet they import blog
>>> posts and turn them into a book!  The only reason is that books have a
>>> long-standing payment model in place: it's as though everyone were still
>>> selling buggies because there are only buggy dealers and no car dealers
>>> yet.
>>>
>>> It is all beyond idiotic: it is amazing how long antiquated ideas stick
>>> around, only because people cannot imagine anything else.
>>
>> I've got two books through leanpub.
>> It is ideal for a magazine or books.
>>
>> If you want help, please let me know!
>> I would be happy to help for it.
>
> Are you offering to write for a D blog or to get it set up on leanpub?
> I'd never use an external platform like leanpub where I don't control
> the source, as one of the main points would be to add new paid blog
> features like the ones I've mentioned above.

I would be happy to help with leanpub. With regards to pretty much anything.
Ok so here is the thing about leanpub. You control the manifest.
You can then once published do what ever you want with the generated files.

For a magazine or book leanpub is great.
If you really want to go the paid blog route, I'm sure we could kit out
our own Markua (markdown) to html in worse case scenario.