D Consortium as Book / App Publisher... ?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 23 07:28:34 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 23 December 2015 at 03:05:46 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I've been thinking about contacting various D devs to see how
> much interest there is- I mentioned that I contacted one guy
> already- but I wasn't sure if I myself wanted to put time into
> this.  I really want to put these paid blogging ideas into use
> one day, but maybe D isn't the place to do it.

I don't think it would be worth your time to focus on D in
general. If you want someone to pay more than a couple dollars a
year, you need to offer something specific, and it needs to offer
a direct, immediate career benefit. Web development with D might
work if done right. Probably the better thing is to go into it
with a low price and a goal of learning. Then you can move on to
a more profitable market.