Redesign of dlang.org

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 25 03:51:30 PST 2015

On 24/12/15 20:33, anonymous wrote:
> On 21.12.2015 14:58, anonymous wrote:
>> http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/
>>
>> On GitHub if people want to play around with it:
>> https://github.com/aG0aep6G/dlang.org/tree/Ivan-Smirnov's-redesign
>>
>> That's a full clone of dlang.org in the new style. I just pasted it over
>> the old style, and hacked around on top of it until it worked, more or
>> less. It's a quick and dirty showcase. I touched everything, but
>> polished nothing. There are more rough edges than smooth ones.
>
> Since Andrei and Jacob are having creative differences, I figured I'd
> just go ahead with this my way, without changes to the tooling.
>
> This is a more proper implementation of the redesign than what I showed
> before:
>

> http://d-ag0aep6g.rhcloud.com/

Most of the pages do not seem to be updated.

The drop down in the search fields looks very bad in Safari on OS X. I
think this is a general problem with bootstrap. I remember having the
same problem when I used bootstrap. In general I recommend using either
Boostrap Select [1] or a Bootstrap drop down button [2]. For this
particular case I recommend using either a field with a button with a
drop down [3] or placing a magnifier icon to the left inside the search
field and make a drop down menu out of that icon. The latter option is
usually how native search fields look like and work on OS X.

[1] https://silviomoreto.github.io/bootstrap-select/examples/
[2] http://getbootstrap.com/components/#btn-dropdowns
[3] http://getbootstrap.com/components/#input-groups-buttons-dropdowns

--