Mockup of my doc dream ideas

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 25 19:14:08 PST 2015

On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 22:26:46 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> Filing a bug is a better approach. It's best to keep everything
> in one place.

Bugzilla sucks hard though, on pretty much every level. It is
separate from the page itself, people might not even know it is
there, you have to log in, and then fill in a bunch of stuff
manually.

On the maintainer side, it is really hard to search, a pain to
find new issues that are relevant to you, and it is just separate
again from the PR process and all that.

The suggestion box, on the other hand, would immediately alert
me, it would tell me what page the suggestion came from, and the
user doesn't have to jump through many hoops. Then, I can manage
the backend however I like too. Heck, it could even open a
bugzilla issue.