Mockup of my doc dream ideas

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Dec 25 19:19:53 PST 2015

On Friday, 25 December 2015 at 19:00:13 UTC, karabuta wrote:
> I strongly agree Markdown is simple to use, and well supported.

I don't like Markdown personally, though I don't hate it either.
A couple features in it are cool, but most of them are just meh
to me and a few of them I actively dislike.

However, the syntax the documentation is written in is of less
relative importance to me than the content and the layout. I
write ddoc every week and it annoys me a little... and I also
think it has fundamental design flaws that put a hard limit on
how much it can improve... but it is basically good enough.

I also mostly like writing XML, it really isn't bad!

But you'll notice the "dream doc" mock still had ddoc. Even if I
were to change things, I'd change it for my new docs... I
wouldn't want to go through and convert all of Phobos. (Besides,
I'm not the only consumer of the phobos source.)