Voting For std.experimental.ndslice

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 28 14:39:45 PST 2015

On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 21:43:35 UTC, Robert burner
Schadek wrote:
> On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 18:39:47 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
> wrote:
>> Have you read the latest changes?
>> http://forum.dlang.org/post/djgkkrdufycyjhpmafse@forum.dlang.org
>>

> I have.
>
> The problem with the doc is that is describes what it can be
> used for, but it does not describe what it is.
>
> It is like saying: "It brings you from point A to point B."
> Instead you should say it is a car. And a car is self moving
> object ....
>
> The first few sentences:
> """
> The package is designed for applications such as linear
> algebra, physics and statistics. It would be well suited to
> creating machine learning and image processing algorithms, but
> should also be general enough for use anywhere with
> homogeneously-typed multidimensional data.
> """
> does not say what it is.
>
> Should be something, as far as I understand the package, like:
>
> """
> This package provides a multidimensional array implementation,
> suited for scientific computing. Additionally, many functions
> for iteration, accessing and manipulation are given. ....
> """

Agreed

1. First paragraph was replaced by your variant.
2. Binary representation was moved to Slice type documentation.
3. Small "Quick Start" was added, so new user will start from
`sliced` and `Slice`.

http://dtest.thecybershadow.net/artifact/website-76234ca0eab431527327d5ce1ec0ad74c6421533-081dd6e9e8b3810a143d0a5fcba8d60b/web/phobos-prerelease/std_experimental_ndslice.html

Thanks!

Ilya