Links to the wiki for Phobos examples/tips and tricks?

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Dec 28 18:23:27 PST 2015

Is it acceptable to post examples/tips and tricks in the wiki,
and then link to them in the official Phobos documentation? What
I have in mind is adding to the documentation of a Phobos function

See Also: The [wiki](link) for additional documentation.

This would overcome two (valid IMO) complaints about the current
system:

1. There is a lot of overhead associated with changing the
official docs. With the wiki, you type in your new example and
you're done. No futzing around for three hours over a period of
several days to make a small change.
2. Dislike of Ddoc. The wiki uses markdown.

The wiki would accommodate helpful information that is not
appropriate for the official docs:

1. Specialized examples.
2. Tips and tricks.
3. Guidance on choosing between available functions, like
benchmarks.

The wiki has advantages over PHP-style user comments. The main
one being that we can do it right now without having to change
anything. Another being the fact that user comments shouldn't be
part of the official docs, because they are unofficial, and are
thus wiki material.

So is this something that we can do?