Voting For std.experimental.ndslice

Ilya Yaroshenko via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Dec 29 09:38:06 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 29 December 2015 at 17:17:05 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 14:42:43 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko
> wrote:
>> On Monday, 28 December 2015 at 11:13:57 UTC, Martin Nowak
>> wrote:
>>> We're branching for 2.070 soon, would be nice if this can
>>> make it, but only if it's really ready.
>>
>> Whooohooo!
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Ilya
>
> I'm writing a blog post giving an overview of std.ndslice and
> comparing and contrasting to Numpy, to be released when this is
> merged, and I was wondering if I can have your permission to
> include your great image processing example in the post?

Thank you for doing this!

Yes, you can get any examples! `movingWindowByChannel` is a good
function, however small function `median` can be improved, but it
is not easy to do it for small filter sizes. You may want to use
convolution matrices such as the Sobel operator or Gaussian blur
instead of `median`. They will work faster comparing with
`median`.  Another option is a note that `median` can be
significantly optimised.

^____^ Many thanks!

Ilya