Is there a FIX engine written in D?

Dan Davidson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Dec 30 11:26:38 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 29 December 2015 at 10:34:23 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
>> https://github.com/libtrading/libtrading/blob/master/docs/quickstart.md
>
> Nice project - I did not know about it! Thanks!
>
> Major problem in writing a library which implements FIX
> protocols is lack of a good XML package. Yes, we have std.xml
> but it is far from good, and as we all know, it needs a
> replacement.
>
> Also, problem with FIX is that it may become redundant. There
> is a lot of criticism about it, and many exchanges decided to
> abandon it...

Is XML an issue for FIX? I was under the impression that XML was
used to describe the data/messages, but not so much a requirement
at runtime. Usually message are special character delimited
strings, which D can do well with.

In terms of it becoming redundant, what are some of the new
competitors to it?

Thanks
Dan