vibe.d benchmarks

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 31 00:23:26 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 30 December 2015 at 20:32:08 UTC, yawniek wrote:

> i guess its not enough, there are still things that make vibe.d
> slow.
>
> i quickly tried
> https://github.com/nanoant/WebFrameworkBenchmark.git
> which is really a very simple benchmark but it shows about the
> general overhead.
>
> single core results against go-fasthttp with GOMAXPROCS=1 and
> vibe distribution disabled on a c4.2xlarge ec2 instance
> (archlinux):
>
> vibe.d 0.7.23 with ldc
> Requests/sec:  52102.06
>
> vibe.d 0.7.26 with dmd
> Requests/sec:  44438.47
>
> vibe.d 0.7.26 with ldc
> Requests/sec:  53996.62
>
> go-fasthttp:
> Requests/sec: 152573.32
>
> go:
> Requests/sec:  62310.04
>
> its sad.
>
> i am aware that go-fasthttp is a very simplistic, stripped down
> webserver and vibe is almost a full blown framework. still it
> should be D and vibe.d's USP to be faster than the fastest in
> the world and not limping around at the end of the charts.

Isn't there a decent chance the bottleneck is vibe.d's JSON
implementation rather than the framework as such ?  We know from
Atila's MQTT project that vibe.D can be significantly faster than
Go, and we also know that its JSON implementation isn't that
fast.  Replacing with FastJSON might be interesting.  Sadly I
don't have time to do that myself.