std.experimental Timeline

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 31 09:45:46 PST 2015

Currently, we have two modules in std.experimental with a third
on the way and potentially a single function as well:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2945/files

Yet it's a bit concerning that there's no plan on when any of
these will be moved into the main namespace.

std.logger has been in std.experimental for eight releases and
eight months. Robert Schadek believes it's blocked by the non
existant RCString:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1500issuecomment-155457980

Is that actually the case? How long can we wait for something
that might not happen and would take months of work (if that was
one person's sole focus, longer if they had other things to do)?

Also, knowing when std.allocator will be moved is important,
because certain functions should integrate std.allocator as soon
as it's available and have them usable in the same release.
People who would contribute those changes need to know when that
is going to happen in order to get the necessary work done before
hand.