LDC with Profile-Guided Optimization (PGO)

Etienne Cimon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Dec 31 18:14:06 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 22 December 2015 at 14:49:51 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 at 23:05:38 UTC, Johan Engelen
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>   I have been working on adding profile-guided optimization
>> (PGO) to LDC [1][2][3].
>> At this point, I'd like to hear your input and hope you can
>> help with testing!
>>
>> Unfortunately, to try it out, you will need to build LDC with
>> LLVM3.7 yourself. PGO should work on OS X, Linux, and Windows.
>
> Would it help if binaries are available?
> Or is general interest low?
>
> -Johan

Sorry I don't read the forums often. This is definitely going to
be a game changer for me, I need PGO to help with Botan
performance issues and I'm going to be developing an embedded
server on Intel Edison with vibe.d/botan/http2 soon, this
compiler could make quite the difference. I'll be testing it one
I get my prototype!