D, windows developement, frustration and fish

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 1 04:18:41 PST 2015

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 12:07:26 +0000, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

> On Sunday, 1 February 2015 at 11:58:22 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> yet dmd still insists on having that `.init`. and there are no non-zero
>> defaults for winapi bindings, so i'm fine with such hacks. ;-)
>
> Hmm, this:
>
> import win32.winbase; void main() { PROCESS_INFORMATION pi; }

maybe it wasn't `PROCESS_INFORMATION`, but some other struct, i don't
really remember. i just start using my `zeroed!` everywhere, and took the
first structure i found in my sources to illustrate my point. ;-)

> You can just add win32/winbase.d or whatever to the compiler command
> line. rdmd will do this for you if you use that.

nope, i can't. i'm not using rdmd or dub, and my build tool doing alot of
things including building C libraries and calling external tools to
generate some files. i *can* hack my build tool to add batch compilation,
but i don't want to. i don't like batch compilation at all, and it's
broken in 2.067 anyway (see issue 14704, for example), so i can't use it
now without "-allinst" hack.