D, windows developement, frustration and fish

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 1 04:37:02 PST 2015

On Sun, 01 Feb 2015 12:31:25 +0000, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

> On Sunday, 1 February 2015 at 12:18:41 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> i *can* hack my build tool to add batch compilation,
>> but i don't want to.
>
> I don't think batch compilation is required. Separately compiling a
> module to an .obj file will put the .init in the .obj, so linking should
> succeed.

it's easier to make a full batch compilation than to teach build tool
that it must sometimes compile .d file to .o file and sometimes just add
it as is. and then i should remember where that .d was added to not add
it second time by accident. all in all it will create more problems that
it meant to solve. ;-)