H1 2015 Priorities and Bare-Metal Programming

Timo Sintonen via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 1 08:09:21 PST 2015

On Sunday, 1 February 2015 at 15:28:25 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 2/1/15 1:38 AM, Timo Sintonen wrote:
>> The one of major issues is: how to access hardware. We need a
>> language
>> feature to access hardware registers.
>
> What features do Rust and Nim provide for such?
>
> Andrei

I was not the one who compared the languages and I have never
used rust or nim.  I just pointed out that d had no way to access
registers properly. DMD and GDC optimize very heavily and may
cache, reorder and remove any access they think is not needed.
Other languages may not have such optimizations and registers can
be accessed just with normal memory oprations.