Window creation, for phobos?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 1 13:38:31 PST 2015

On Sunday, 1 February 2015 at 19:30:27 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-02-01 13:33, Dicebot wrote:
>
>> I judge exclusively by existing precedents and knowledge of D
>> development process. DFL was officially endorsed at some
>> point, it
>> didn't make any difference.
>
> 1. It was DWT

Yep, sorry, have never realized those are different, my mistake.

> 2. To be far, nothing in practice was done more than saying
> "DWT is the official GUI library for D" in a newsgroup post,
> probably deep instead an already existing thread. No mention on
> the web site, no move of the code to the same place as the core
> D repositories. Not bundled with the compiler, no contribution
> from the core developers, nothing. So no, of course it didn't
> help.

Probbaly. But do you honestly believe including actual sources
into Phobos would have made any real difference? I doubt core
developers would work on it one way or the other - that is a huge
waste of effort. And it wouldn't fit everyone on user side either.