H1 2015 - db access support in Phobos

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 1 20:00:30 PST 2015

I would like to propose Java way for implementation of DB access
(JDBC - Java DataBase Connectors).

Standard library must contain only
* set of interfaces for uniform DB access
     * Connection - can create Statement or PreparedStatement,
control transactions
     * Statement - can run update or query
     * PreparedStatement - same as Statement, but with parameters
     * ResultSet - DB query result row access
     * DataSource - can create connections, w/o parameters
     * Driver - interface which implements connection factory for
particular DB types
     * Some useful classes like ConnectionPool
* factory method to create connection by URL and parameter set
* some method to register DB driver for factory - e.g. when
called from driver's module __gshared static this()

Drivers may be placed in separate packages in standard library or
in some DUB packages.

Look at https://github.com/buggins/ddbc
Currently it contains drivers for sqlite, MySQL and PostgreSQL.

If Andrey/Walter wish, I can prepare pool request based on code
from ddbc.

Best regards,
      Vadim