Window creation, for phobos?

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Feb 1 21:50:20 PST 2015

On 30 January 2015 at 00:47, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 29 January 2015 at 08:45:23 UTC, Manu wrote:
>>
>> I'm not convinced that D needs a custom GUI library though. That's a
>> behemoth effort.
>

> Indeed, but I find there's still quite a bit of value in even a small
> wrapper that just pops up a window and lets you do the basic drawing and
> input. My simpledisplay.d sets a low bar like that and I find it to be of
> enormous use.
>
> (I'll probably be writing about it in the this week in D series very soon.)

I didn't realise that this proposal was limited to appearing a single
window on screen.
There are progressions form that though, visibility, window flags,
positioning it, filling it with pixels... we now need to invent a
bitmap, or expose opengl for rendering to it. Where does it end?
If my requirements are really so simple that I just need to appear a
window and put pixels on it, I have no problem writing portable code
for that. It's only a few lines per platform.