C++ to catch up?

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 2 06:45:13 PST 2015

> On 2/1/15 4:35 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> On Monday, 5 November 2012 at 10:00:29 UTC, jdrewsen wrote:
>>> It seems like the C++ committee is speeding up development adding lots
>>> of the goodies from D like Ranges, static if, template contraints etc.
>>>
>>> Will D still have a case when C++ gets this done?
>>>
>>> I wonder if Andrei is part of the C++ Ranges Study Group?
>>>
>>> The Future of C++:
>>> http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2012/2-005
>>>
>>> /Jonas
>>
>> Fast compile time, bearable syntax, thread safety arc so on...
>>
>> C++ is building on faulty foundation. I see them talking example from us
>> as a good news.
>
> Wait, is this a reply today to a post made in November 2012? -- Andrei

Yes, here is what happens:

1. person does a search, finds 2+ year old thread that he likes to
respond to.
2. Entire thread gets pushed to the "most recent" posts on forum/newsgroup
3. Others now see the thread (possibly for the second time), and don't
realize it's old, and read it thinking it's about today.

A nice thing might be to make color of posts on forum.dlang.org based on
recentness, 2+ month old be one color, 1+ year be another.

This wouldn't help with newsgroup users, but it probably would help with
forum users.

-Steve