Git, the D package manager

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 2 09:14:29 PST 2015

On Monday, 2 February 2015 at 16:56:52 UTC, Tobias Pankrath wrote:
> https://github.com/abscissa/scriptlike

Yes, there is plenty of good stuff there and it can be used as
inspiration. Though AFAIK it misses that bit about defining
action/target tree and automatically exposing it to CLI (which is
not something std.getopt helps with)

Getting it into Phobos is important though as that would mean
that any project that uses D for scripting would only need most
basic working D installation for bootstrapping - no controversy
about dependency management or installation of extra tools.

I have started poking too many things at once and don't want to
commit myself to implementing such a module but if something is
willing to use Nick Sabalausky as base and create Phobos proposal
from it, I will gladly help in both implementation and pushing it
through formal review queue.