Does D need standard locations?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 2 09:44:52 PST 2015

My attitude to any such changes in general is "I don't care as
long as I can easily override it with own patches before
packaging gdc".

In practice distro are simply too different to try fitting
everything into single pattern. In Arch Linux it is prohibited to
package source-only libraries and thus dub is pretty much a
necessity. At the same time being a bleeding edge distro it
doesn't care for simultaneous support of many compiler versions
at once and all that infrastructure can be dropped to keep things
KISS.

So, please, whatever you do, keep it easy for packager to
override all paths :)