H1 2015 Priorities and Bare-Metal Programming

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Feb 2 12:49:56 PST 2015

On 02/02/2015 12:56 PM, Timo Sintonen wrote:

> Developers make things _for_ users.

Hear hear, That's a point I always feel deserves far more attention and
deliberate, conscious appreciation than it typically gets. (Just a
general observation of the overall software development world, not
necessarily specific to this discussion.)

 > If this
> was a commercial product, lack of listening users needs would be fatal
> to the company.

Man do I wish that really was true. It's likely true for a lot of small
businesses, but the corporate big dogs can and regularly do get by fine
without listening :( That's the power of oligopoly and mindshare.