H1 2015 Priorities and Bare-Metal Programming

John Colvin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 04:11:15 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 at 10:36:08 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Obviously, inlining functions with loops tend to have lower
> payoffs anyway, because the loop time swamps the function call
> overhead.

I feel a bit awkward disagreeing with you about a topic like
this, because of your obviously huge amount of expertise, but
this seems just totally wrong in a few situations:

Combining loops.

Loops where the length is a compile-time constant in the calling
context.

Loops where a conditional in the loop is a compile-time constant
in the calling context.