Git, the D package manager

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 10:07:47 PST 2015

On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 13:19 +0000, Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]
> Why not invest your time into improving dub and adding these
> features, we don't need another tool. Improving dub would have a
> much bigger impact than making another tool that is almost
> certainly never going to get used because very few tools ever get
> to that level.

Because they feel that Dub is fundamentally flawed as the future
solution to D (C++/C) build?

> Honestly it seems like a huge waist of time and very counter
> productive.

I disagree. This sort of argument was made before Dub and yet Dub
happened.

If people want to improve on Dub and replace it by doing exactly that,
that seems like the best way forward.

I have just realized why I think Dub will not be the future of D build…

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk