Does D need standard locations?

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 11:46:55 PST 2015

On 2015-02-01 19:58, Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Next list of things that need sorting outâ„¢ in GDC is how the compiler
> works out where module interfaces are installed vs. where the library
> actually installed them - this is tricky when taking into
> consideration:

I don't know if this matters but eventually I would like to add support
for GDC in DVM. Installing multiple versions of DMD in any directory I
want is very easy since DMD has a self contained zip and dmd.conf.

Placing files all over the system sounds like it will make adding
support in DVM harder.

--
/Jacob Carlborg