Git, the D package manager

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 13:05:37 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 at 20:18:31 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 at 17:34:05 UTC, Russel Winder
> wrote:
>> The issue is though that Dub was created because someone did
>> something
>> rather than just talking (and emailing) about it. As Hans and
>> colleagues
>> took knowledge and experience and created Gradle, somebody, or
>> group of
>> people, need to take the practical experience of Make, CMake,
>> Jam,
>> SCons, Waf, Ant, Gant, Maven, Gradle and Dub, and do something.
>>
>> I will also say that Bintray and Artifactory may be better
>> artefact/dependency stores that trying to build something
>> D-specific
>> from scratch.
>
> Don't forget tup!!! [1]
>
> [1] http://gittup.org/tup/

I didn't forget it myself, but thanks for bringing it up. I'm
considering having a tup backend actually.
Tup is cool but unfortunately is still "too manual", for lack of
a better term. I'd much rather write "add_executable" and not
worry about the details than write the commands explicitly
myself. But it's certainly interesting as an alternative backend
to, say, Ninja.

Atila