[website redesign] PR for the one with the big red menu bar

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 15:37:57 PST 2015

On Monday, 2 February 2015 at 17:29:05 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> The right-side panel is WAY too prominent. It takes nearly an
> entire third of the horizontal space, leaving the main content
> much to squished.

Yeah, I'd forgotten to update the max-widths.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/886

> The upper part of the left-side panel has far too much wasted
> vertical space. The main links don't even start until almost
> halfway down the first "screen" (ie, before you start
> scrolling).

One thing I thought of is putting the search box below the menu
links. The downside would be, that it's harder to find when a
foldable section is expanded.

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/887