Mars Drafting Library - Official community driven library

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 16:04:17 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 3 February 2015 at 02:38:57 UTC, Zach the Mystic
wrote:
> I'm arguing from the perspective that the approval must come
> first, and the piloting second. Who would want to develop a
> module in the "pre-pilot" phase, without having any idea of
> whether they were developing it finally for phobos or just
> 3rd-party use, then wait months or years to find out if the
> leadership is even *interested* in what they're doing? Why
> would people try to meet high standards without knowing if
> those standards are actually going to be required or not? It's
> like an unpaid internship: "Work for us for free, and we'll let
> you know at the end whether we want your work or not."

Al least the module will be available in draft namespace until
controversy is resolved. I don't think there would be any
blocking campaign without providing sane requirements to move on.

BTW. I tried to publish the DIP but got into the following issue:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/yoqwuqhtlpifgwudeevm@forum.dlang.org
It looks the DIP will be delayed at least by day.

Piotrek