force_inline etc.

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Feb 3 23:41:30 PST 2015

On 4 February 2015 at 15:16, Daniel Murphy via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> "Manu via Digitalmars-d"  wrote in message
> news:mailman.5867.1423017226.9932.digitalmars-d at puremagic.com...
>
>> In the inevitable case that I always seem to find myself in, where I'm
>> wrapping something in a thin shim that should behave IDENTICAL to the
>> thing I'm wrapping.
>> It's the source of the vast majority of my language issues.
>

> If it's a thin shim, why would you _not_ want it inlined?  I guessed you
> would say that, but it doesn't seem to be the same as matching arg types and
> attributes.

And you have a very fair point. I just have a feeling it's likely to
come up, considering my extensive experiences with other similarly
awkward features.
This is why I'm nowhere near as emotional about this as other issues I
have a stake in. I do just want to see resolution.