Git, the D package manager

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 4 00:43:58 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 at 01:30:41 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
> On 02/03/2015 10:02 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> Rather than scan the whole source tree every time, it
>> takes the changeset as input -- either from the OS, or from
>> some other
>> source of information.
>
> Indeed a good idea, although according to his graphs, this only
> starts to matter for +1000 files.

Which is a pittance for some projects. In my previous job, the
Makefiles generated by CMake were taking 8s for a no-op build,
which was far too long for me. That's how I discovered Ninja. It
promptly went down to 1s. But we're talking about a 100k SLOC
project here, most personal repos won't see the difference.
Almost all professional ones will.

Atila