Build managers

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 4 10:49:10 PST 2015

On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 14:20 +0000, Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> […]
>  From my little experience with Gradle as part of Android Studio,
> be prepared for increased build times and CPU load vs Ant.

I am just about to start doing things with Android now I can use
Kotlin and Groovy to program the applications (*). I had assumed,
because Android Studio is really IntelliJ IDEA, that people would use
the build in project creation to make an IDEA project form the Gradle
file. Any lengthy compilation of Android Studio over the old Eclipse
thing should be an Eclipse vs IntelliJ IDEA thing, not a Groovy/Gradle
thing. On the other hand if you use the Gradle build always then I can
imagine slow start up the first time since it has to start the Gradle
server.

(*) I find Java 6 an appalling language. Android is getting some Java
7, but I want Java 8 and beyind, now. Kotlin and (static) Groovy
provide this.
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk