Git, the D package manager

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 4 11:09:47 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 at 19:07:09 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2015-02-02 11:31, ketmar wrote:
>
>> recently ;-) git got a feature "use HEAD for submodule", which
>> removes
>> this limitation.
>
> If you refer to the 1.8.2 change that made it possible to track
> a branch in submodule. Then that doesn't make any practical
> difference, at least not in my experience.

It adds tiny bit of convenience because it becomes possible to
update all submodules to HEAD of their tracking branch in one go
with trivial `git submodule update --remote`. But yes, it doesn't
change anything in how git stores submodules in history.