New DIP73: D Drafting Library

Piotrek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 4 14:10:50 PST 2015

Hi,

Abstract:

D Drafting Library is an official library modeled by the D
community and designed to support the development process of the
D Standard Library. The drafting library is coupled with the
standard library and doesn't introduce any duplicated
functionality. It should be used during the drafting stage of the
new functionality development.

Link to the DIP:
http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP73

and to the recent discussion for initial proposal:
http://forum.dlang.org/post/rwavdkzmkqxpldveueje@forum.dlang.org

Please comment, share your view and doubts. Don't hesitate to ask
any question.

I tried to define the proposal to be almost non-intrusive for not
interested developers.

I can handle point 3 and 4 from "Proposal implementation steps"
section as a pull requests when proposal is accepted. Step 1 and
2 are trivial but can't be done by me as I'm not the person in
charge.

Piotrek