Improving reviewing and scrutiny

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Feb 4 16:00:59 PST 2015

On 2/4/15 3:46 PM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> On Wednesday, 4 February 2015 at 23:01:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> Also I'd like to open discussion with the dlang brass to figure out
>> ways on how to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Andrei
>
> Find out who approved the PRs.  Maybe an approver needs to be removed or
> just needs to be told that they need to spend more time before merging
> PRs.  Find out what areas the approvers are weak in and let them know
> they need to improve in those areas. Self-introspection as a community
> would be a very good investment in improving the quality of phobos.

No need to rescind rights, but I do want us to count on more eyes and
better judgment.

Sometimes I approved stuff! Look at
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/commit/a62bdfe63f472518bc16bbc950311edae9a534b3.
I assumed it was a simple change, not an application of an idiomn out of
whack.

I have a practical matter - looking at
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/commits/master/std/file.d
I can see the commits but not the pull requests they correspond to. Is
there an easy way to see them?

Andrei