Git, the D package manager

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Feb 5 01:00:03 PST 2015

On Thursday, 5 February 2015 at 06:46:12 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> After reading this thread I think I'm the only person here who
> actually likes makefiles.
>
> Nothing ever feels as complete as a good old hand written
> makefile.

Assuming you get it right. In my experience, this is analogous to
saying "nothing ever feels as complete as manually managing
memory". Humans shouldn't write Makefiles.

As in the case of managing memory, I used to do that (hand-write
Makefiles). I don't anymore because the alternatives are far
better.

Atila